in National Security Presidential Directive 54/Homeland Security Presidential Directive 23 (NSPD-54/
HSPD-23) in January 2008.
- Initiative #1. Manage the Federal Enterprise Network as a single network enterprise with Trusted Internet Connections.
- Initiative #2. Deploy an intrusion detection system of sensors across the Federal enterprise
- Initiative #3. Pursue deployment of intrusion prevention systems across the Federal enterprise.
- Initiative #4: Coordinate and redirect research and development (R&D) efforts.
- Initiative #5. Connect current cyber ops centers to enhance situational awareness.
- Initiative #6. Develop and implement a government-wide cyber counterintelligence (CI) plan.
- Initiative #7. Increase the security of our classified networks.
- Initiative #8. Expand cyber education.
- Initiative #9. Define and develop enduring “leap-ahead” technology, strategies, and programs.
- Initiative #10. Define and develop enduring deterrence strategies and programs.
- Initiative #11. Develop a multi-pronged approach for global supply chain risk management.
- Initiative #12. Define the Federal role for extending cybersecurity into critical infrastructure domains.